Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Ask Me about the MatchFaker

Can't lie. Things aren't going particularly well with this expense account. At the happy hour where we first discussed the prospect of business, all I heard was "We have to work together. The best thing about you is you've got good teeth." The teeth thing kept coming back again and again. Once she had me committed, it was, do sessions with Joann to develop "edge." No matter how nice you are, there needs to be that se.ual tension otherwise, there just isn't that chemistry. Really? If you knew this much, why not tell me this upfront so I could save the money I gave you and spend it on that instead and then I might be able to do without your services?

Anyhow, one of the early emails was :

I feel my service is well worth
My cost and I have offered you a discount and allowed payment arrangements
And we are still negotiating ?? This is not car sales and I feel like I have
Come down on my service above and beyond. I hope you understand where I am
coming
From. I really like you and want to represent you and I look forward to
talking:)


My take : honesty is the best policy and what goes around comes around. I haven't given substantially to charity in a while, so I can take a hit on writing this off. All part of the recent lifestyle upgrade I did. I did have second thoughts when I first visited her office - folders with peoples' names scattered on the floor near her computer. "My boyfriend wants to organize my computer, but I'm clueless about that." 


I probably should have been firm on the trial. Well, that's what I'm going to tell people from now on. If you get an email like this one, beware :


 I also really like you and feel confident that
I can
Get you in a relationship. I already have a couple of great girls picked out
and we
Need to move on this soon.



My experience - all three intros so far have been huge disappointments. One no-show, one really mean and one golddigger (it's always the one you least expect.) The "need to move soon" should have really given me pause.

No comments: