Sunday, March 27, 2016

Alexander Elder : MMMM

Mind - know yourself
Method - how do you find trades - do you watch Cramer, use a screener?
Money - how do you size positions, how do you exit trades?
Management - "Show me a trader with good records and I'll show you a good trader."

Man! Dr. Alex Elder is such a PITHY GENIUS. I love hearing this guy speak. So what if he has an accent? It doesn't cost a cent.

Anyway, M4 pretty much tells me I suck. More than 10 years ago, I read Bill O'Neil who said to keep records - keep charts on which you mark where you got in and where you got out so you can learn from your mistakes. Elder adds "and your successes." No excuse there for me - I credit myself with doing my homework. I guess I suck after all.

Like someone answered a dude on Quora who asked about why he didn't get a job after x interviews - the first thing to realize is - it's you... That's a hard truth. What thing about yourself can you enhance today to make yourself more interesting and competitive?

No comments: